MDE Educational Resources
- Michigan Dept. of Education
- State of Michigan
- Office of Education Improvement and Innovaton Michigan Dept. of Education
- Memos from the Michigan Dept. of Education
- Office of Professional Preparation Michigan Dept. of Ed.: Highly Qualified Teacher Information
- Office of Assessment and Accountability Michigan Dept. of Ed.
- Office of Field Services Michigan Dept. of Ed.
THE PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE
Dear MAS/FPS Leaders,
I am thrilled to be part of this great organization and the President of MAS/FPS for the 2016-2017 school year. I am looking forward to leading our members, growing our members, and learning from our members. Collaboratively, we will strive to enhance the capacity of learning for leaders, students, and families!
Our mission is to “build capacity of educational leaders to implement effective State and Federal programs to increase achievement for all students”.
Our vision is to “support Michigan students and educators to optimize the use of state and federal funds to prepare all students to excel in the 21st century”.
Keeping both the mission and vision in mind:
Our professional learning team is building opportunities for Michigan educators to understand the complexity and the importance of the changes coming with ESSA, which includes a focus on Personalized Learning. I hope you are able to join us for our Fall and/or Winter Institutes this year, or perhaps a Boot Camp or two.
Our communications team continues to strive to find meaningful ways to collect and share information with our members and others across the state regarding the implementation of State and Federal Programs. Check out our website to find your local representative, if you are not on the list serve, please reach out! We welcome new members year round!
Our legislative committee has been hard at work creating an on-line resource center for our members to support educators in working with their legislators. The team has wowed us with some sneak previews, so exciting, and we can’t wait to roll it out at our Fall Institute!
Thank you for being a part of MAS/FPS. Please share our website and information about our organization and events with new colleagues to leadership and veteran colleagues to new positions. Please feel free to reach out to me, or any member of our Board if you have ideas on how to make MAS/FPS a better organization for Michigan educators implementing State and Federal Programs. If you are interested in being on the Board or a committee of MAS/FPS, please send me an email at . We welcome all volunteers!
Wishing you all the best school year yet!
Syndee Malek, President
Michigan Associations of State and Federal Program Specialists
- Obama Administration Blueprint for Education Reform
- US Dept. of Ed.: No Child Left Behind Homepage
- US Dept. of Ed.: No Child Left Behind Policy Letters
- US Dept. of Ed.: No Child Left Behind Non-regulatory
- Overview of the Reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary
Education Act of 1965 (No Child Left Behind)
Other USDE Resources