MDE Educational Resources
- Michigan Dept. of Education
- State of Michigan
- Office of Education Improvement and Innovaton Michigan Dept. of Education
- Memos from the Michigan Dept. of Education
- Office of Professional Preparation Michigan Dept. of Ed.: Highly Qualified Teacher Information
- Office of Assessment and Accountability Michigan Dept. of Ed.
- Office of Field Services Michigan Dept. of Ed.
About the Organization
MAS/FPS: Build capacity of educational leaders to implement effective State and Federal programs to increase achievement for all students.
MAS/FPS will support Michigan students and educators to optimize the use of state and federal funds to prepare all students to excel in the 21st century.
The MAS/FPS customers are the people responsible for designing, implementing, and evaluating State and Federal Programs, especially Title I, at the local or regional level. The list of those primarily responsible includes:
- State and Federal Program Directors
- Title I Directors
- Building Principals
- Central Office Administrators
- Building School Improvement/Leadership Teams
We believe that:
- All students have a right to a high quality education.
- All educators have a right to high quality professional learning.
- Professional practice is grounded in sound research.
- Educators, families, and community members share responsibility for education.
- Individuals and organizations can influence public policy.
- Accountability provides opportunities for continuous improvement.
The Michigan Association of State and Federal Program Specialists exists to organize, unify, and nourish an alliance of individuals and organizations concerned with Compensatory Education by:
- Facilitating communication among members
- Discussing, proposing and taking action on matters of common interest and concern
- Conducting programs to enhance the professional competence and status of members
- Participating in the development and enactment of state and federal legislation affecting education
Our Strategic Plan
Interested in becoming a member?
You can subscribe on-line! Simply click here to join.
- Obama Administration Blueprint for Education Reform
- US Dept. of Ed.: No Child Left Behind Homepage
- US Dept. of Ed.: No Child Left Behind Policy Letters
- US Dept. of Ed.: No Child Left Behind Non-regulatory
- Overview of the Reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary
Education Act of 1965 (No Child Left Behind)
Other USDE Resources